SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme 2019 for Women-owned Businesses in Commonwealth Countries
The SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme aims to increase economic growth and job creation in Commonwealth countries by increasing the participation of women-owned businesses in international trade.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2019
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth Countries
About the Award: The SheTrades initiative aims to connect three million women to market by 2021 and rallies stakeholders around the world to work together on seven actions to address trade barriers and create greater opportunities for women entrepreneurs. It is supported by a web and mobile digital platform. For more information, please visit shetrades.com
Under the SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme, selected women-owned businesses, business support organizations and corporations will benefit from a wide range of opportunities to expand their business and jointly advance women economic empowerment.
Women Owned Business (WOB)- If your company/cooperative is at least 30% owned, managed and controlled by women; legally registered and incorporated company domiciled in Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria. Operating in one or several of the indicated sectors:
|Bangladesh||Textiles and apparel including handicrafts||IT&BPO|
|Ghana||Agribusiness (shea, cashew and cocoa), Textiles and apparel including handicrafts||IT&BPO and Tourism|
|Kenya||Agribusiness (avocado, beans&peas, coffee, tea), Textiles and apparel including handicrafts and leather||IT&BPO and Tourism|
|Nigeria||Agribusiness (cashew, shea, spices (ginger and turmeric)) Textiles and apparel including handicrafts||IT&BPO|
Business Support Organization (BSO) – If you are a trade and investment support institution, e.g. export promotion organisations, chambers of commerce; women’s associations; and sector associations etc.
Corporation– If you are a company/foundation/academia interested in sourcing, investing and/or sharing and exchanging with women entrepreneurs
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
For Women-Owned Business
- Get connected to potential buyers, investors, suppliers and business support organizations;
- Learn new skills to boost your business potential through our free-of-cost and tailored e-learning courses, on-site workshops and webinars;
- Receive support to attend national, regional and international trade fairs;
- Participate in B2B meetings;
- Increase your visibility and enlarge your network in international markets.
- Increase your visibility and expand your network in the international arena;
- Benefit from customised capacity building activities;
- Expand your portfolio of services offered to women-led SMEs;
- Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and support women’s economic empowerment;
- Share, exchange and learn from other institutions.
- Connect with over 3000 women-owned businesses from Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria and expand your pool of suppliers;
- Identify unique and innovative businesses opportunities;
- Learn, share and exchange with key businesses, governments and institutions;
- Support the UN Sustainable Development Goals by empowering women;
- Develop new partnerships and increase your visibility in emerging markets.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying