Gordon N. Fisher/JHR 2019 Journalism Fellowship at University of Toronto for African Journalists
The Gordon N. Fisher/JHR Journalism Fellowship at Massey College in the University of Toronto is offering the William Southam Journalism Fellowships.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2019
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): Massey College, in Toronto.
About the Award: The successful candidate can enroll in any graduate or undergraduate courses at the University of Toronto and have access to its facilities. She or he will live at Massey College, in Toronto.
There are no educational prerequisites for a fellowship. Fellows do not receive credits or degrees for work done during the year.
- Open to journalists from Sub Saharan Africa and the Middle East, with preference given to candidates from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Tanzania, Malawi, South Sudan, DR Congo, Syria and Jordan
- 5 years’ experience working in media.
- Currently full-time news or editorial employee at a newspaper, radio station, television station, magazine or news service. Freelance journalists who have been working consistently in the media over an eight-year period will also be considered.
- Proficiency in English
- Three letters of references
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The fellowship covers travel costs and accommodation, all university fees and a monthly stipend.
Duration of Programme: over one academic year – September to May
How to Apply: For details on the application process, please download the Application Information Pack and Application Form
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying