African Leaders of Tomorrow (AlofT) Project 2019 for Young African Leaders
If you’re a self-motivated, critically minded student who would like to play your part in African innovation, then the African Leaders of Tomorrow (AlofT) Project is something you may be interested in.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Online
About the Award: The African Leaders of Tomorrow Project is a six-month programme, open to African citizens currently enrolled in a postgraduate degree at an African college or university. The Project is structured around a web-based curriculum, delivered via an e-learning platform, offering full-time students from across Africa an opportunity to participate in and benefit from the programme.
Eligibility: Applicants of the African Leaders of Tomorrow must:
- Be African citizens
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Possess good writing and research skills, and analytical abilities
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree at an African-based college or university
- Have regular and reliable internet access
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours a week to the programme
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- These successful applicants will acquire research, writing, analytical and other important skills, and will have the
opportunity to put these skills into practice and gain valuable work experience through collaboration with the IOA team on Africa-focused research projects.
- Please note that this involvement is unpaid.
Duration of Programme: Six months
How to Apply:
- Go here to complete the African Leaders of Tomorrow application form and upload your CV online. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to answer additional questions via email and may be contacted for a telephonic interview.