Department of Science and Technology (DST) One Year Journalism Internship Programme 2019 for South African Students
Graduates in science and technology, communications and journalism are invited to apply for a one-year internship programme.
Application Deadline: 23rd November 2018
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award: This journalism project is managed by the South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement, a business unit of the National Research Foundation that focuses on promoting interest in STI.
- A national diploma, BTech or bachelor’s degree in a science-related field or communication/journalism.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Writing and/or radio and television skills.
- A driver’s licence would be an advantage.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A stipend will be paid to interns per month as follows: National Diploma NQF Level 6 (R 4 500), Bachelor’s Degree / B.Tech NQF Level 7 (R 5 000) and Honours NQF Level 8 (R 5 500).
- Successful applicants will be placed at community media outlets in identified municipalities in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Northen Cape, North West, Western Cape and Limpopo* to produce material for broadcast, online and/or print media about science, technology and innovation (STI). This will include developing popular articles about specific technologies piloted in communities, as well as innovations developed within communities.
Duration of Programme: Successful applicants will be deployed for a period of up to 12 months to participating host organisations.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted to [email protected] on or before 23 November 2018.