University of Groningen Talent Grants 2020/2021 for Master’s in Theology & Religious Studies
The University of Groningen is offering the Talent Grants for one-year Master’s programme Theology & Religious Studies
Application Deadline: 1st March 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Field of Study: Religion, Conflict and Globalization MA, Religion and Pluralism MA, Religion and Cultural Heritage MA, Religion, Health and Wellbeing MA
Type: Master (MSc/MA/LL.M.), Master programme
Eligibility: The Talent Grant is financed by the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies. The scholarship is aimed at international students from OUTSIDE the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Theology and Religious Studies. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Students from countries outside the EU/EEA who have been admitted to one of the tracks of the Master’s programme in Theology & Religious Studies:
- MA Religion and Pluralism: Ancient & Modern;
- MA Religion, Conflict and Globalization;
- MA Religion and Cultural Heritage;
- MA Religion, Health and Wellbeing.
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Have obtained conditional admission to one of the three MA tracks in Theology and Religious Studies;
- H ave excellent academic performance and grades during their bachelor/ undergraduate studies;
- Not have already obtained a master’s degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- Have excellent English language proficiency, in accordance with the admission requirements of the program;
- Be available for the whole period of the programme and be able to take part in the entire programme;
- Confirm in writing their agreement with the of the grant when awarded with the Talent Grant.
Selection Criteria: A selection committee will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit (i.e. results obtained in study programme, academic paper, overall evaluation of previous education etc.) and of the candidates’ motivational statements. Decisions as to eligibility for awarding a scholarship are made in March (for the September intake). Applicants will be informed ultimately on 15 May.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award: The grant is € 5.000,- and is awarded for a 1 year Master’s degree programme in Theology and Religious Studies
Eligible countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Virgin Islands of the United States, American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chile, China, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (Dem Rep.), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Philippines, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Yemen, Jordan, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Christmas Island, Kyrgyzstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kosovo, Laos, Lesotho, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macau, Macedonia, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariana Islands, North Korea, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Oman, East Timor, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Pitcairn Islands, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Réunion, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Saint Helena, Sudan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Chad, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela, United Arab Emirates, United States, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Belarus, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Congo (Rep.), Côte d’Ivoire, Kyrgyz Republic, Madagascar, Micronesia (Federated States), South Sudan, Sudan (Rep.), Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Timor-Leste, West Bank and Gaza Strip
How to Apply: To apply for the Talent Grant, you should f ill in the application form and add the following documents:
- Copy of your University of Groningen (conditional) admission letter to the MA Theology and Religious Studies programme from the Admission Board;
- Recommendation letter by a PhD or Professor from your current/last degree programme;
- Transcript of Records from your current/last degree programme;
- Letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this grant;
- Curriculum Vitae.
Please send the form and documents to [email protected]