Future Attorneys Recruitment Programme applications are now open for South African Law Graduates. Apply below!
Table of Contents
When is the Application Deadline:
6th March 2024
Tell Me About Future Attorneys Recruitment Programme:
Legal Aid South Africa provides professional legal advice and representation to those who cannot afford it. We try to help as many people as possible, including vulnerable groups such as women, children, the elderly, disabled and the rural poor
What Type of Scholarship is this?
Who can apply for Future Attorneys Recruitment Programme?
- Legal Aid SA only accepts applications from BProc/LLB graduates. Please submit an application when you have completed your degree and received your transcript.
- You will only be allowed to register one application against your identity number. Multiple applications are not accepted.
How are Applicants Selected?
- The organisation works on a push system for Candidate Attorney recruitment, meaning that at all material times, the positions are filled. Applicants are assessed and pre-screened for appointability and are matched to opportunities as they arise.
- The demand to serve articles with Legal Aid SA exceeds the number of opportunities available in a given year multifold times. Therefore, do not expect automatic or immediate placement. Do also submit applications to serve articles elsewhere.
Which Countries are Eligible?
South Africa (SA)
Where will Award be Taken?
When selecting placement, you can select from Legal Aid SA’s 6 provinces:
- Eastern Cape
- Free State/ North West
- KwaZulu Natal
- Limpopo/ Mpumalanga
- Northern Cape/ Western Cape
How Many Scholarships will be Given?
Legal Aid SA provides opportunities for 300 Candidate Attorneys per annum.
How Long will the Program Last?
How to Apply for Future Attorneys Recruitment Programme:
In order to submit an application, you need to create a registered profile on this website. Click on Login/Register on the main menu to do this
Apply via Link below