For the academic year 2020/2021, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia once more the foreign students to participate in the Darmasiswa Scholarship at several universities in Indonesia
Application Deadline: 2nd March 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Scholarships will be taken at the following universities in Indonesia.
Accepted Subject Areas? Agricultural Sciences, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Multi-Disciplinary Studies, Social Sciences and Sciences
About Scholarship: The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities (59 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Offered Since: 2002
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Preferably Student;
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent;
- Minimum age 17 years and Not older than 35 years of age;
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate;
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
Number of Scholarships: Several
- Living Allowance and accomodation
- Research and book allowances (will be given during the Master Program)
- Health insurance
Duration of sponsorship
- 8 months of Indonesian Language Program
- 4 months of Preparatory Program
- 24 months (4 semesters) of Master Programs
How to Apply: Apply Here