DAAD University Leadership and Management Training Programme (UNILEAD) 2020 for University Managers in Developing Countries
DAAD and the University of Oldenburg jointly organise the DIES University Leadership and Management Training Programme (UNILEAD) in Oldenburg, enabling young managers between the ages of 30 and 40 years at higher education institutions in developing countries to successfully tackle everyday management challenges.
Application Deadline: 14th October 2019 11:59 am Central European Summer Time.
- South East Asia (Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Sub-Saharan Africa (Burundi, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
- Latin America (Bolivia, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico and Peru).
- Middle East (Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Yemen).
To be taken at (country): The programme takes place at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany.
About the Award: UNILEAD is a short, practice oriented learning programme for young University Leaders in the field of Higher Education Management. In 2008 it was developed in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (DIES programme) and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elisabeth (South Africa).
UNILEAD focuses on different topics within Education Management and aims at fostering innovative projects in the area of organisational development and Human Resource Management in higher education institution. The participants acquire techniques and methods, which enable them to effectively and efficiently organise institutional management in their home institutions.
It is taught in a blended-learning approach (2 online and 2 contact phases in Germany) in a combination of theoretical and practical parts (duration phase: January – September).
Type: Short courses
- Young university leaders aged 30 to 40
- At least 2 years experince in university management
- Master’s Degree
Number of scholarships: 25
Value of Scholarship: Funded
Duration of Scholarship: February – October 2020
How to Apply: Applications can be submitted online here