Women in News (WIN) Accelerator Programme for African Women Journalists 2020
The World Association of Newspaper and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is pleased to invite women journalists from sub-Saharan Africa to apply to the WIN Accelerator, Women in News’ flagship leadership development programme.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan African countries
About the Award: WIN works with media companies and their high potential female employees to overcome the gender gap in management and senior management positions. The programme seeks to equip women media professionals in middle and senior management positions with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to help advance their careers. WIN provides them the support networks they need to take on a greater leadership role within their organizations and works with their organizations to create environments for high potential women to succeed.
- Applicants must have 2-3 years management experience and be working in the media sector (This includes print or digital newspapers, radio and, in some cases, broadcast).
- Journalists from Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe may apply for the 2020 programme.
While in previous years WIN has been accepting media women mostly from the print media, this year the call is being extended to even those in digital and electronic media.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The WIN Accelerator is an intensive, 9-month long career and leadership programme for journalists and editors. The programme accepts 100-150 applicants, annually.
- We offer four things to ensure the women who take part in the programme acquire new skill sets and build their capacity: Coaching, Training, Mentoring and Networking.
Duration of Programme: 9 Months
How to Apply: There are two steps to complete your application:
- Complete the following application form here, or download the Word version here.
- Have your direct manager complete the nomination form here, or download the Word version here.
Please note: both forms must be completed in order for your application to be considered complete.
If you are using the Word version of the application and nomination forms, please send the completed forms to [email protected].
Please write the country which you are applying from in the subject line of the email.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy