YALI Power Africa Young Women in African Power Leadership Training Programme 2018
Are you a young African woman engaged in Africa’s energy sector ready to take your career in your next level? Are you interested in increasing your leadership skills, strengthening your professional networks, gaining new career opportunities and demonstrating a desire to take a greater leadership role? Apply now for the YALI Power Africa Young Women in African Power Leadership Training
Application Deadline: 22nd July 2018
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Graduate School of Business Leadership in University of South Africa, South Africa.
About the Award: Power Africa is a U.S. government-led partnership coordinated by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This special opportunity is part of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
This year, Power Africa joins the RLC SA in supporting the career development of a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector. The first week will focus on foundational leadership skills, with the following three weeks emphasizing effective business and public management in the energy sector. This opportunity will also include site visits and case studies.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- Women (aged 18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Interest and/or experience in the energy sector
- Nationals of sub-Saharan African countries
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from:
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials.
- All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
- The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center.
Duration of Programme: 1-26 October 2018
How to Apply: Apply Here
Award Providers: YALI, Power Africa