Joint NAM S&T Centre/ZMT Bremen Fellowship 2019 for Scientists and Researchers in Developing Countries – Germany
The NAM S&T Centre invites applications from scientists from the developing countries for the Joint NAM S&T Centre – ZMT Bremen (Germany) Fellowship in Tropical Coastal Marine Research. Under this scheme, five selected scientists will work with senior researchers and faculty members in fields related to Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Geology, and Tropical Coastal Marine Systems; and undertaking short-term joint research projects for a period of up to 3 months.
Application Deadline: 7th June 2019.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: In pursuance of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) concluded by the NAM S&T Centre [www.namstct.org] with the Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung – ZMT), Bremen, Germany [www.leibnizzmt.de], a Joint NAM S&T Centre – ZMT Bremen Fellowship scheme was initiated in 2008 for providing opportunities to the scientists from the developing countries to affiliate themselves with ZMT to upgrade their research skills and conduct joint research in Ecology, Biogeochemistry, Modelling and Tropical Coastal Marine Systems.
Type: Research, Fellowship
- The applicant must hold at least a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or an equivalent degree and should be actively engaged in research and development.
- There is no upper age limit, but younger scientists will be preferred.
- Selection is strictly on merit based on the scientific quality of the proposal submitted by the applicant.
- From a developing country only one scientist / researcher will be accepted in any given financial year.
Selection Criteria: They will be selected strictly on merit and competitive basis.
Number of Awards: Up to 5 scientists and researchers from the developing countries will be sponsored each year by the NAM S&T Centre to work at ZMT Bremen under the Joint Fellowship Programme.
Value of Award:
- The fellowship covers airfare and provides a monthly subsistence allowance of €1250.
- ZMT Bremen will provide all possible facilities and access to various equipments in its constituent laboratories, which may be required by the Fellows for implementing their research activity under the supervision of a senior ZMT scientist.
Individual Fellows or their governments / institutions will be required to bear the following costs:
- All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure for passport and visa, required medical examinations and vaccinations and miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/from the airport of departure in the home country.
- Salary and other related allowancesfor the Fellows during the Fellowship period.
- Cost towards medical insurance to coverthe period of Fellowship in Germany.
The NAM S&T Centre and ZMT Bremen will not assume responsibility for the following expenditure in connection with the Fellowship of a particular scientist/researcher:
- Insurance, medical bills or hospitalisation fees.
- Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions
Duration of Programme: The maximum duration of Fellowship will be three months. All the selected scholars will have to obey the German VISA regulations according to which one can stay only for a maximum period of 90 days in Germany, beyond which the VISA regulations are more stringent.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the fellowship may be submitted in the prescribed format (attached) directly to the NAM S&T Centre and not to ZMT Bremen. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- A proposal on the scientific work to be carried out at ZMT Bremen must be attached with the application. To prepare the proposal the applicants may carefully study the material available on the website of ZMT Bremen [www.leibniz-zmt.de] and then, if necessary, get in touch with the ZMT at E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Providers: NAM S&T Centre, Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research