Deadline Extended: Google Africa Developer Student Club 2019
Google has opened the Developer Student Club (DSC) program aimed at providing the African student community a head start on latest technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Mobile & Web Development.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2019 (Extended from 15th May 2019)
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The Developer Student Club (DSC) program is a Google Developers initiative designed to provide a space for students (enrolled in accredited colleges/universities in Africa) to build their mobile and web development skills and knowledge while solving local business problems around their institution. Through this program our teams will be providing much needed support to students in campuses across Africa.
As part of preparations towards kicking off this program in the region, we are now commencing with the recruitment of student leads to head our different DSC chapters across campuses in Africa. A DSC lead is a student leader on campus whose mission is to use technology to make a difference, not only in their universities, but also in their communities more widely. An eligible candidate for the new DSC lead roles are students currently enrolled in a computer science course or related engineering discipline at any accredited college/university in Sub saharan Africa.
Their duties will include:
- Setting up a Developer Student Club within their institution/campus;
- Creating a Core Team — including faculty advisors, fellow students and relevant technology experts — to help in planning and execution of peer group readiness-focused activities;
- Organizing and delivering mobile development-focused workshops to fellow students;
- Enabling more students to become trainers and support them in conducting sessions;
- Identifying local organizations who can benefit from mobile solutions, and facilitate solution development activities;
- Hosting showcases and other events to highlight the solutions developed by students; and
- Committing for one-year to act as a Student Lead.
- Are you community-driven?
- Are you passionate about seeing other students succeed with technology?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to acquire software developer skills and work experience?
- Are you currently enrolled in a computer science course or related engineering discipline at your university and would like to acquire industry-relevant technology skills?
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Developer Student Clubs (DSC) program is a grass-root channel to provide mobile development skills to students, towards employability. The DSC program provides an opportunity for students enrolled in African universities to act as “agent of change” on their campus(es) – while acquiring relevant technical and business skills to solve local businesses’ problems.
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, or want to learn more, please visit bere.
Award Providers: Google
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World
Top 10 Common Travel Scams And How to Avoid Them
Top Best Countries to Get Longest Work Permit After Graduation