IUCEA/World Bank Masters Scholarships 2019 for Female African Students
The ACE II project is proud to announce the ACE II Masters Scholarships. 30 fellowships are available only to women for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2019
About the Award: The World Bank is partnering with eight Governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an innovative project with the aim of improving the quality of training and research in higher education, and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas.
The Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence (ACE II) Project supports the governments of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia in strengthening selected African Centers of Excellence (ACEs) to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity in the following priority areas: (i) Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics.
To encourage the participation of young African female students at postgraduate level, IUCEA wishes to implement a Fellowship Program aimed atproviding competitive Masters Scholarships to academically deserving future talents to promote regional female student mobility. Eligible female applicants who can demonstrate interest and ability in the priority areas are encouraged to apply for the 30 Fellowshipsavailable for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- be under the age of thirty five (35) years
- be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- have obtained admission from an ACE outside one’s own country of current nationality to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics; and
- have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
Number of Awards: 30
Value of Award: The provided financial support for each of the ACE II Masters Scholarships will cover:
- i) University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- ii) Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- iii) Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of research proposal
- iv) Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- v) Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University
Duration of Programme: 24 months.
How to Apply: To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised tofill in the application form found at ace2.iucea.orgor www.iucea.orgattach all requested documents, and send by e-mail to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. All applications must be received not later than 5.00 PM East African Time on June 30 2019. For proof of eligibility, an applicant should ensure that the following is provided:
- Completed application form;
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Certified copies of passport or national identity card indicating citizenship;
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs and Universities); and
- Two (2) reference letters with contact details.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World