AAAS-TWAS Course on Science Diplomacy 2023 for Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Trieste, Italy)
The AAAS-TWAS course on science diplomacy will be held online from 19-23 June 2023 in person in Trieste, Italy.
Application Deadline: 5th March 2023
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Trieste, Italy.
About the Award: This course will expose participants to key contemporary international policy issues relating to science, technology, environment and health, while providing an overview of how technical information has contributed to different policy developments and international structures. Another focus of the course will be a better understanding of, and appreciation for, the roles of governments, international organizations and the private sector in complex science-based issues, and how different governance structures are developed to address the needs and involvement of these different stakeholders.
Eligibility: The workshop is designed for
- young scientists (below the age of 40) living and working in developing countries whose research and wider engagement has brought them into the international policy-making arena,
- policymakers and diplomats interested in some of the central science-based themes that might influence their work,
- research institution administrators and research funders focused on identifying ways to build international networks,
- representatives from NGOs and other sectors working at the science-diplomacy interface.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Travel, accommodation and visa expenses will be provided to the selected participants.
- Spaces are reserved for a number of young scientists from developing countries (up to the age of 40), as well as scientists and/or government officials, etc, also from developing countries, with more experience in the international policymaking arena (‘science diplomacy ambassadors’).
- A limited number of spaces for self-funded candidates from any country will also be available.
Duration of Program: 19-23 June 2023
The workshop will take place as follows:
- 19 June (Monday): Welcome dinner
- 20-22 June (Tuesday – Thursday): workshop
- 23 June (Friday half day): end of activities & wrapping up
How to Apply:
- Twin applications must be submitted online as follows:
- Participant 1 in participant pair (Early-Career Scientist) must apply via the link https://forms.office.com/r/dbNWqg6dfZ
- Participant 2 in participant pair (from the policymaking arena as indicated above) must apply via the link https://forms.office.com/r/1drUmpTnAe
- NB. Please note that the two online forms and related links are different. Applicants are requested to please use the correct online form and link to apply.
- Applications that do not specify their participant partner will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- As part of the application, some accompanying documents must be submitted by email to [email protected]. These required documents are specified in the online application form.
- Candidates should not have participated in any previous AAAS-TWAS course on science diplomacy, including regional workshops.
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.