AAAS-TWAS Train the Trainers Course on Science Diplomacy 2019 for Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Trieste, Italy)
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) invite expressions of interest for the first Train the Trainers Course on Science Diplomacy to be held on 26-28 August 2019 in Trieste, Italy
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Trieste, Italy.
About the Award: This course will expose participants to key contemporary international policy issues relating to science, technology, environment and health, while providing an overview of how technical information has contributed to different policy developments and international structures. Another focus of the course will be a better understanding of, and appreciation for, the roles of governments, international organizations and the private sector in complex science-based issues, and how different governance structures are developed to address the needs and involvement of these different stakeholders.
Eligibility: The workshop is designed for
- young scientists (below the age of 40) living and working in developing countries whose research and wider engagement has brought them into the international policy-making arena,
- policymakers and diplomats interested in some of the central science-based themes that might influence their work,
- research institution administrators and research funders focused on identifying ways to build international networks,
- representatives from NGOs and other sectors working at the science-diplomacy interface.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Travel, accommodation and visa expenses will be provided to the selected participants.
- Spaces are reserved for a number of young scientists from developing countries (up to the age of 40), as well as scientists and/or government officials, etc, also from developing countries, with more experience in the international policymaking arena (‘science diplomacy ambassadors’).
- A limited number of spaces for self-funded candidates from any country will also be available.
Duration of Program: 26 to 28 August 2019.
How to Apply:
- The completed application should be sent via the online system ONLY.
- To access the online application form, click here.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Do Not Move To Germany If…
How To Study Abroad As An International Exchange Student
14 Business Ideas You Should Consider In 2020s