University of Stirling Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Commonwealth Countries
The University of Stirling has the opportunity to award 10 scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Application Deadline: 22nd March 2019
For the MSc in Dementia Studies eligible countries include:
- Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
For the MSc in Global Issues in Gerontology and Ageing eligible countries include:
- Bangladesh, Cameroon, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
To Be Taken At (Country): Scotland, UK
About the Award: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support students from developing Commonwealth countries to undertake postgraduate study at a distance or via online learning.
Fields of Study: Eligible courses include:
- MSc in Dementia Studies (5 awards)
- MSc in Global Issues in Gerontology and Ageing (5 awards)
Eligibility: To apply for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of or be granted refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently and continually resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: The Commonwealth Scholarship covers all elements of the award, including tuition fees, partnership development costs, and any residential programmes.
Duration of Program: 1 Year
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to apply to the University for one of the eligible courses noted above, before submitting a scholarship application to Commonwealth Scholarships.
- In order to be considered for an award, applicants must hold an unconditional offer of a place at the University of Stirling before the Commonwealth closing date of midday 12.00 pm (BST) on 22 March 2019.
- Applicants must apply for the scholarships via the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS).