Women Deliver Conference 2023 Scholarship Program for Women (Fully-funded to attend Conference in Kigali, Rwanda)
The Women Deliver 2023 Conference (WD2023) will be Women Deliver’s most inclusive, diverse, and accessible convening to date. Together with partners, we are committed to ensuring that people of all ages, spanning all geographies and backgrounds, can attend WD2023.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2022
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Kigali, Rwanda
About the Award: Our scholarship program, available both to those who wish to attend WD2023 in-person or online, provides financial assistance to individuals who would otherwise be unable to cover the cost of attending the Conference. Applications for on-site and virtual scholarships will be open through 1 October 2022, and will be accepted in English, French, and Spanish.
Type: Conference, Training
Eligibility: Upon acceptance, scholarship recipients must be willing to complete the following commitments.
- Participate in the online communication and advocacy boot-camp in spring of 2023
- Hold at least one policy dialogue post-conference in home country
- Secure visa at least 3 months prior to the conference (Canada allows applications 6 months prior to the event)
- Participate fully in the conference (on-site attendance for the full duration)
- Respond promptly to requests for information from the organizers
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Scholarship covers
- Economy Airfare,
- Registration Fee,
- Hotel Accommodation (days of conference only)
- Per Diem (days of conference only),
- Ground Transportation (days of conference only),
- Visa Reimbursement,
- Health Insurance.
Duration of Program: 17-20 July 2023
How to Apply:
Please carefully read the questions below before filling out the WD2023 Scholarship application form.
- What skills, knowledge, or experiences do you hope to gain by attending WD2023? (max. 150 words)
- Can you provide 2-3 specific examples of the activities you have/ are currently carrying out to make a difference on issues affecting girls and women? (e.g., professional, academic, or volunteer projects) (max. 150 words)
- How do you plan to meaningfully engage with your community and/or government after attending the Conference? How will you apply what you gain from attending WD2023 to your work? (max. 150 words)
Applications will be reviewed by the WD2023 Advisory Group and Women Deliver Staff. Women Deliver will notify selected scholarship recipients by January 2023.
Upon acceptance, scholarship recipients must commit to the following:
- Actively participate during the full duration of the Conference.
- Adhere to the Conference Code of Conduct.
- Share knowledge gained at WD2023 and Global Dialogue with community members through a mechanism of choice (e.g., hosting an event, writing a blog, sharing social media posts, creating a video, etc.) and report back to Women Deliver by the end of 2023.