Injini Edtech Incubator for African Education Startups (Fully-funded to South Africa) 2019
Get $75K investment and 5-month incubation programme to change education across Africa in Injini Edtech Incubator Cohort 3.
Application Deadline: 17th March 2019
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: Injini is the first EdTech dedicated incubator programme on the African continent. It is the only opportunity for EdTech entrepreneurs based anywhere in Africa to get industry specialist mentoring, support, scale up and funding introductions, and early stage funding.
Eligibility: The programme is open to anyone from, based in or focused on any African country.
- Profit businesses, focused on Africa and on as broad a section of the population as possible (especially low income), that address learning from early years to adults using technology.
- Innovative but effective approaches that can scale quickly.
- Tested tech because evidence shows it can improve the quality of or extend access to education, not for the sake of using tech.
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award:
- Everyone in the program will be covered for flights to and from Cape Town, for accommodation , and receive a small allowance for extra living costs incurred while in Cape Town.
- As part of this revised programme, each start-up will be eligible for a ZAR 100k grant (ca. $7.5k), after which the cohort will compete for follow-on equity investment of up to $75k per startup.
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying