Injini Edtech Incubator for African Education Startups (Fully-funded to South Africa) 2018
Get $50K investment and 5-month incubation programme to change education across Africa.
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2018
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa
About the Award: Injini is the first EdTech dedicated incubator programme on the African continent. It is the only opportunity for EdTech entrepreneurs based anywhere in Africa to get industry specialist mentoring, support, scale up and funding introductions, and early stage funding.
Eligibility: The programme is open to anyone from, based in or focused on any African country.
- Profit businesses, focused on Africa and on as broad a section of the population as possible (especially low income), that address learning from early years to adults using technology.
- Innovative but effective approaches that can scale quickly.
- Tested tech because evidence shows it can improve the quality of or extend access to education, not for the sake of using tech.
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award:
- Everyone in the program will be covered for flights to and from Cape Town, for accommodation , and receive a small allowance for extra living costs incurred while in Cape Town.
- Each cohort will receive up to R600k (~$50k) of funding.
Duration of Program: July to December 2018
How to Apply: Applicants fill in a short application form that will be live from 1 March to 3 April 2018. Around 20 successful applicants will go through our due diligence process, including providing a short video by 16th April. The top 15 will pitch to our selection panel for the remaining 8 places.
Award Providers: Injini