100 University of Malta Masters and PhD Scholarships for International Students 2018/2019 – Malta
As part of its internationalisation programme, the University of Malta is seeking to attract a number of non-EU/EEA nationals to read for Masters and Ph.D. programmes in different areas of study and in so doing strengthen the research and innovation dimensions of the University.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Malta
About the Award: Deserving students who successfully complete the admission process and who may not have the means to cover full tuition fees will be considered for full or partial fee waivers through a rigorous selection process.
A total of 100 scholarships will be awarded split over two schemes:
- Ph.D. and Masters Programmes (mainly by research *)
- Masters Programmes (mainly taught **)
Up to 50 scholarships will be made available to deserving students, from non-EU/EEA countries, who are accepted to read for a Ph.D. or Masters (mainly by research) programme at the University of Malta.
Up to 50 scholarships will be offered to non- EU/EEA nationals to pursue Master’s Degree programmes that are mainly taught (where the taught component is assigned 60 ECTS credits or more).
Type: Masters, PhD
- To qualify for these scholarships, candidates must not be in receipt of a full scholarship (tuition fees and living costs) from another sponsoring institution or organisation. However, an applicant who holds a partial scholarship or maintenance grant to cover living costs from another institution may be considered. Such a scholarship or grant should be disclosed to the Selection Board when applying.
- Candidates accepted for Joint Degrees, Joint Programmes, International or Collaborative Masters, Professional Masters, Professional Doctorates and other Masters programmes offered on a part-time basis are not eligible for these scholarships.
Selection Criteria: Requests for scholarships will be evaluated by a Selection Board to ensure awards are granted to deserving candidates. The decision of the Selection Board shall be final.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- Academic ability of the applicant
- Quality of the Motivational Letter
- Performance during Interview (which may be conducted via the internet)
Number of Awards: 100 (50 for each type of scholarship)
Value of Award:
- Scholarships covering tuition fees of up to 100% shall be awarded to deserving applicants. Where applicable, bench fees may also be included.
- Students will have to ensure that they have the means to support themselves throughout their studies in Malta and to cover expenses related to travel, accommodation and other living expenses, insurance, visa and residence permit, academic and other expenses that will be incurred throughout their course of studies.
How to Apply: The scholarship request is to be submitted following the receipt of a letter of acceptance for commencement in 2018. Scholarship applicants are to send an email to the International Office with the Applicant ID (as indicated in the Letter of Acceptance) and ‘University of Malta Scholarship Application’ in the subject line. The request is to be sent within one month of the receipt of the letter of acceptance. Applicants are to attach the following documents to the email:
- Their Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter
Award Providers: University of Malta
Important Notes: Late applications will not be considered and there will be only one deadline each year.