For the Sciences Po Eiffel Scholarship, the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives priority to candidates from emerging countries and above all to those who are underrepresented in French universities and higher education institutions: Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and new members of the EU and the Middle East.
Application Deadline: 30th October 2022
To Be Taken At (Country): France
About the Award: Sciences Po only presents applications from candidates with profiles that match the priorities of the Eiffel scholarship. If you are offered a place to study at Sciences Po, we will inform you whether your application will be proposed to Campus France (the organisation in charge of this scholarship).
Applications received from students currently studying abroad are prioritised over those from students already living in France.
Students cannot apply directly for the Sciences Po Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application. To apply, you must have already been accepted to a program at Sciences Po. For your application to be successful, you must respect our deadlines.
The Eiffel scholarship program, launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, is aimed at foreign students whose outstanding ability has been recognised by French institutions of higher education who wish to sponsor these students for the rest of their studies.
The programme is primarily designed to provide an education in France to future decision-makers in both the private sector and in the national administrations of emerging countries.
Type: Masters, Undergraduate
Eligibility: Candidates must be under 30 years old.
Sciences Po candidates
- Applicants for our graduate programmes
- Applicants for the dual degree in Journalism / Columbia (BAMA) (who are already first-year students at Columbia’s university School of Journalism)
Sciences Po students
- Third-year Sciences Po students
- Second-year undergraduate students in one of our partnership programmes at Poitiers campus
- First-year graduate student at Science Po
- Students admitted last year in their first year as a graduate student who requested a deferral
- Students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission if they submit an English test before the scholarship application deadline.
- PhD students who are co-supervised or presenting a joint thesis with a partner university
- Students admitted to the following dual degree programme (other Sciences Po dual degree programme are not eligible for this scholarship):
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University (candidates for this programme are eligible)
- Sciences et Politiques de l’Environnement Sciences Po/Université Pierre et Marie Curie (only first year students are eligible)
- Quantitative Economics Sciences Po/Panthéon Sorbonne Paris I (only first-year students are eligible)
- The Eiffel laureates who graduated in June 2022 and wish to submit an Eiffel application for the PhD.
Not eligible to the Sciences Po Eiffel Scholarship
- Students who already received a grant or scholarship from the French government
- Students who have previously applied for an Eiffel scholarship and have been unsuccessful, even if they change their field of studies.
- Candidates for the 1year Master’s programmes
- Candidates for the Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs (Except candidates in their first year)
- Students admitted to a Sciences Po dual degree programme (except for the 3 dual degrees mentioned above)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Monthly grant. The Eiffel Scholarship does not cover tuition fees. Students offered a place to study at Sciences Po who receives the scholarship are responsible for paying the annual tuition fees.
How to Apply for Sciences Po Eiffel Scholarship:
- Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application.
- First-time applicants who wish to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship by Sciences Po must indicate so in the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application form and provide the required documents. Please note that your scholarship request will be considered only in case of admission.
- Students already admitted at Sciences Po, students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission or students admitted last year in their first graduate year who requested a deferral have to send their Eiffel Scholarship application by email to the Admissions office by attaching the required documents : Admissions contact form
- Sciences Po will select the applications it wishes to present to Campus France. Please note that applying for the Eiffel grant does not guarantee the presentation of your application to Campus France.
All candidates must attach the following documents to their scholarship application :
- CV, including information on the applicant’s level (distinction/honours, ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion, diploma with information on specialisation, date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country, their interest for the selected programme and how this will help them achieve their career goals and objectives.
- academic transcripts all of the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes)
- Language test certificates (french and/or english) if necessary