UNESCO Travelling to Learn Arts and Crafts Scholarships+Internships for Students 2017
Call for applications for the programme ‘Travelling to learn Arts and Crafts’, by Fondation Culture and Diversite in partnership with UNESCO patronage of the French and under the National Commission for UNESCO.
Application Deadline: 20th October 2017
Eligible Countries: France and Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): France and Developing Countries
About the Award: The programme aims to enable arts and crafts students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a study tour abroad. It allows young French scholarship students nearing the end of their studies to discover the know-how of craftspeople in developing countries; and it allows students from developing countries to discover the know-how of French craftspeople.
This programme helps students launch their professional career by enabling them to work in a professional environment; acquire new skills and cultural experiences abroad; design and create innovative products; develop a professional network; and participate and present their work at international fairs.
Type: Training/Short courses
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Level of study of at least 2 years equivalent to an Arts & Crafts Diploma,
- Enrolled in Arts & Crafts schools/institutes/universities,
- Recipient of scholarships and awards (and being able to give proof of it)
- Speaking French and English
Applicants must be students and not senior artists
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Applicant’s round-trip plane ticket; logistic support as well as a monthly financial support covering all the expenses relative to the four months stay in France, the journeys and the purchase of material linked to the study tour will be covered.
- An internship agreement will be signed between the student, the school and the hosting professional organization.
- A scholarship agreement will be signed between the student and the Fondation Culture & Diversité.
Duration of Program: 4 months. Feb-June
- December 2017: Selection of the laureates and communication of results.
- From February 2018: Study tours in France.
- June-July 2018: Certificate Presentation.
How to Apply: Application Form.
Award Providers: UNESCO