European Commission Paid 5 Months Traineeship 2020 (Travel, €1,196 monthly stipend)
Apply for a paid traineeship of 5 months with the European Commission (or some executive bodies and agencies of the European Institutions like, for instance, the European Action Service or Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation), starting on either 1st March or 1st October.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2020 (12:00, Brussels time)
Offered annually? Twice in a year (Bi-annually)
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Any allocated country in Europe within the EU
Eligible Field of Study: None. Interested candidate can only apply for one type of traineeship at a time – administrative or translation.
About the Award: A traineeship at the European Commission is much more than just a professional experience. Each batch of trainees organises a huge range of non-formal learning, social activities, from football to wine-tasting and much in between – in true bureaucratic fashion, each with its own organising committee. There are usually 40-50 of such activities to choose from.
Eligibility: The traineeship programme is open to university graduates, from all over the world who have a:
- Degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a Bachelor);
- Very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
Candidate must have completed at least 3-years of study with a degree to apply for a Blue Book traineeship. Only if you have a certificate or an official confirmation from your university that you have at least a 3-year degree will you be eligible to apply.
Candidate can apply once per session but as many times as you want until you are finally selected. If you do not pass the pre-selection, or you are in the Blue Book but not selected for a traineeship, you will have to submit again your application. It will undergo again the pre-selection with no guarantee that you will successfully pass it and be in the Blue Book again.
Selection Criteria: Candidates are anonymously evaluated in the assessment phase by two different evaluators, on the basis of following criteria:
- Level of education (a full university degree of at least three years of studies is mandatory);
- Language level in one of the three European Commission working/procedural languages (English, French, German) other than your mother tongue/s (mandatory);
- Language level in the remaining European official languages and/or non EU-languages, if applicable;
- Relevance of work experience, if applicable;
- International profile – experience of living/working abroad (mobility);
- Motivation and quality of reasoning;
- IT Skills, organisational skills, publications and rare domains of study.
If they successfully pass the first phase of the pre-selection, candidates are “pre-identified” and admitted to the second phase of the pre-selection, i.e. verification of supporting documents/eligibility check.
For the level of education, candidates can send:
- the certificate/s with the final grade/s clearly mentioned;
- the Europass Diploma Supplement, if available;
- university transcripts.
Up to three relevant work experiences can be mentioned in the application. Only work experience that is related to the profile that is selected and lasted, uninterruptedly, more than 6 weeks should be declared. Traineeships made during university courses are already assessed as part of the education and shall not be mentioned as work experiences.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Traineeship:
- The living allowance for the traineeships sessions will be €1,196.84 per month.
- Visa costs and related medical fees may be reimbursed together with the travel expenditures.
Duration of Traineeship: 1 October 2020 – 28 February 2021
How to Apply: Go here for more details
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India