The African Development Bank Group is offering internship opportunity to young Africans currently undertaking their masters’ programme. Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Member countries of the African Development Bank
To be taken at (country): Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centers.
Subject Areas: The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporates Services: IT, Language Services, General Service a& Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
About Program: African Development Bank offers internship programme to students from its member African countries currently undertaking their masters’ programme at a recognized public or private institution.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Offered Since: Not Specified
Eligibility: The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from the University / Professional institution school confirming the enrollment for the current Program.
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must be fluent in, at least, one of the Banks’s working languages (English or French).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to above, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Number of Internship Positions: Not Specified
Benefits: Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
Duration: Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
How can I Apply? Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Sponsors: African Development Bank
Important Notes: Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for the Programme will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org