African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship 2020 for African Students
The African Development Bank Group is offering internship opportunity to young Africans currently undertaking their masters’ programme.
Application Deadline: 8th December 2019
Eligible African Countries: Member countries of the African Development Bank
To be taken at (country): Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire)
Subject Areas: The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
About Program: African Development Bank offers internship programme to students from its member African countries currently undertaking their masters’ programme at a recognized public or private institution.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Eligibility: To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- In addition to above, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience.
- Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
Number of Internship Positions: Not Specified
- Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
Duration of Program:
- The Session 1 of the 2020 Internship Program will run from February 2020 through June 2020.
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
How can I Apply? Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Amazing Things You Should Do Before You Turn 25
25 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
25 Things You Didn’t Know About Studying In Italy