The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2019 are set to be awarded to 5 young female scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
Fields of Award:
About the Award: The Maghreb Fellowships L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the following fields (Biology, Biochemistry, Gene@cs, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry applied to life). Like those of Sciences of the matter (such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Fellowships aim to distinguish young female researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The fellowship is within the framework of a partnership between the L’Oréal Foundation and the National Boards for UNESCO in the 4 previously-named countries.
Eligibility: Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria of the applicants as established by the jury are the following:
Scholarships must be devoted exclusively to the promotion and development of research and should in no way substitute the responsibilities of laboratory towards its researchers (Displacement, work tools, equipment, and participation in congress…).
Scholarships are neither renewable nor combined with other research grants.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: 10 000 €. Cost of traveling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco will be provided by the L’Oréal Maroc.
How to Apply: Applications can only be made through the online platform: www.fwis.fr by the applicants themselves.
An application is considered complete when it contains all of the following parts, in English or in French:
• A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
• A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• A detailed abstract / description of the research project of a maximum 2 pages
• Including research projects in progress
• A suggested project of the grant’s use supporting the application and inclusive to some budgetary indications
• The list of publications and patents.
• Recommendation letters from supervisor and / or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline as well as applications that do not fulfill the above conditions will not be considered.
This post was last modified on June 14, 2020 10:51 pm