TWAS Research Grants Program in Basic Sciences for Scientists in Developing Countries 2017
Under this scheme, grants are awarded to promising high-level research projects in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics carried out by individual scientists in one of the S&T-lagging countries identified by TWAS.
Application Deadline: 11th May 2017
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Fields of Research: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
About the Award: The TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences was established in response to the needs of researchers in developing countries, particularly those attached to institutions that lack appropriate research facilities. Under this scheme, grants can be awarded for research projects in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics either to individual young researchers, or to research units in the science-and-technology-lagging countries (S&TLC) identified by TWAS, to enable them to purchase the research facilities they need to enhance their productivity.
- Individual applicants must be nationals of developing countries. They must hold a PhD, be at the beginning of their careers, but already have some research experience. They must hold a position at a university or research institution in one of the S&TLCs and be under 45 years of age.
- Applications from women scientists and those working in Least Developed Countries are especially encouraged.
- Individual scientists who submit a satisfactory final report on a previous grant may apply for a renewal.
Value and Duration of Award:
- Research Grants to individual scientists amount to a maximum of USD 15,000.
- The grants, which are normally provided for a period of 24 months, may be used to purchase scientific equipment, consumables and specialized literature (textbooks and proceedings only). They do not cover salaries of researchers and/or students, field expenses, or travel expenses. In addition, the purchase of laptops and laboratory animals is not supported.
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
Award Provider: The TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences is generously supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the Italian government.
Important Notes: Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant (either as an individual applicant, as a research unit or COMSTECH). Applicants cannot apply for other TWAS programmes i.e. Postdoctoral, Visiting Scholar and Visiting Researcher programme within the same year in order to be present in their home country throughout the duration of the grant.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
5 Signs You Are Living Above Your Means
10 Warning Signs You Need to Change Career
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat