Wellcome Trust Collaborative Awards in Science for Intermediate and Senior Researchers 2017
Wellcome Trust Collaborative Awards are open for promising researchers from the UK, Republic of Ireland and developing countries for pursuing research in the field of science.
- Preliminary application deadline: 20th April 2017
- Full application deadline: 13th July 2017
Eligible Countries: UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries
To be taken at (country): UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries
About the Award: Collaborative Awards promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery. We fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
Type of Researcher: Basic, Clinical, Public health
Career Stage of Researcher: Intermediate, Senior
Eligibility: Collaborative Awards are for teams of researchers bringing together the relevant expertise and experience to address the most important scientific problems.
Each applicant must be essential to the proposed collaborative research and have:
- Proven research expertise and experience in their field.
- An academic or research post (or equivalent).
- A salary for the duration of the award period. If this is not in place, your employing organisation must provide a guarantee of salary support for the duration of the award.
Members of the team must have proven experience in collaborative research and consist of independent research groups.
Team size will depend on the proposed research, but should generally have more than two applicants, and no more than seven. Teams may be based in the same or in different organisations, and must bring different expertise or disciplines to the research question.
Applicants should usually be based at eligible organisations in the UK, Republic of Ireland, or low- or middle-income countries. However, we can make exceptions for projects that need specific expertise or resources provided by team members based in other countries.
- Your proposal should describe a significant piece of work that addresses the most important questions, in an area relevant to the mission of the Wellcome Trust.
- You should be able to demonstrate why the scientific problem you are tackling can only be solved through an integrated, collaborative team effort.
- We encourage interdisciplinary research collaborations, although they are not essential. We also encourage applications that propose interdisciplinary research across our Science, Humanities and Social Science and Innovations teams.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Level of Funding: Up to £4 million
Duration of Funding: Up to 5 years
How to Apply: You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Award Provider: Wellcome Trust
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)