Sheffield Hallam University PhD Scholarships for International Students 2017/2018
Sheffield Hallam University is offering up to 30 PhD scholarships across a range of subject areas. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and international students commencing studies in September 2017.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: UK/EU/International
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: Sheffield Hallam University is offering a range of PhD scholarships starting in autumn 2017:
- Fully-funded scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
- Fully-funded collaborative scholarships – for projects which are part funded by external partners. It will cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels for three years of full-time study, commencing in October 2017.
- Part-time, fees only scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) for five years of part-time study commencing in October 2017.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA)
- These programmes are designed to develop the next generation of academics. They include teacher training and up to six hours’ contact time with undergraduate students each week. These scholarships cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
Fields of Study:
- Art and Design
- Biomolecular sciences
- Centre for Health and Social Care Research (CHSCR)
- Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR)
- Engineering Graduate Teaching Assistantships
- Media and Communications
- Sheffield Business School
- Sport and Physical Activity
- All applicants should hold a strong undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) and/or a relevant masters qualification (or expectation of the same).
- University scholarships in most disciplines are open to home/EU and international applicants. However, the shortfall between international and Home/EU fees will not be covered by the scholarship and another funding source will have to be identified by international applicants to cover this.
- Part-time scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- GTA scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- While teaching experience is desirable for GTA applicants, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their higher education teaching skills through training, practice and mentoring.
- Candidates who already hold a PhD offer from Sheffield Hallam University (to start in September 2017) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible.
- International students must provide evidence that they meet the minimum IELTS requirements appropriate for their field of study. These are detailed in the subject specific scholarship opportunities.
Number of Awardees: 30
Value of Scholarship: Fully funded as well as partially-funded scholarships are available
Award Provider: Sheffield Hallam University
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them