Bank of England Undergraduate Scholarships+Internships for African or Carribbean Students 2018/2019
The scholarship offers financial support to students from Black or Mixed African or Caribbean backgrounds who will be starting their undergraduate degree courses at UK universities in the autumn of 2018.
Application Deadline: 22nd January 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Candidates: African, African American or Caribbean
To be taken at (country): UK
Field of Study: There are no specific degree courses that candidates need to be following. However, successful candidates will need to demonstrate an interest in the areas of the Bank’s work.
Type: Undergraduate, Internship
Eligibility: The programme is open to:
- Students who are eligible to work and study in the UK
- Students from a Black or Mixed African or Caribbean background
- At least 104 UCAS points, (Pre 2017, 260 UCAS points)
- Household income below £50,000 (we will ask for evidence at a later stage)
- You must be planning to start your first full-time undergraduate degree in Autumn 2018
- The Assessment and Development Centre Interviews with Windsor Fellowship will be held during the period March – April 2018
- The final stage assessment, with the Bank of England will be during the last two weeks of April 2018
- Scholarship awards will be made by May 2018
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: The programme will provide successful candidates with:
- Up to £30,000 to support living costs during your undergraduate degree.
- Paid summer internships.
- Mentoring, coaching and support from a member of our team.
Successful scholars do not need to be British Citizens but must be free from any time restrictions on their stay in the United Kingdom. The Bank is not able to apply for visas or work permits for successful candidates.
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
How to Apply: To apply for the African-Caribbean Scholarship please click here.
Award Provider: Bank of England, Windsor Fellowship
Important Notes: If you have a situation that you believe you would like to be considered for more than one programme in any given year, please email BankofEngland@penna.com for further discussion about your circumstances.