The Insider’s Guide for TOEFL® Test Preparation: Take Online Course on Edx
Prepare for the TOEFL® test and learn how to improve your score and English language skills from the experts who create the exam.
Enrolment: Starts on January 25, 2017
Timeline: 6 weeks @ 2-4 hours per week
Skill Level: Intermediate
Course of Study: English Language | Course Platform: Edx.org
Created by: Educational Testing Service (ETSx)
Who should take the TOEFL test?
More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Candidates for scholarships and professional certification
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
About the Course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score the TOEFL test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams to study, work or live abroad. More than 9,000 institutions of higher education, government agencies and organizations worldwide accept TOEFL scores for making important decisions.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best TOEFL test score. Instructors will guide you through each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and, using archived past test questions, will explain the kinds of questions you can expect. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare for test day.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes and collaborative discussion boards. During the weeks covering Speaking and Writing, the team that developed the TOEFL test will review a handful of your responses and provide evaluation and feedback. In addition, there will be free resources and discounted test prep offers throughout the course.
What you’ll learn
- How to improve your English language skills
- How to effectively navigate the four sections of the TOEFL test: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Helpful tips to prepare you for the TOEFL test
- How the TOEFL test is scored
- How to use your TOEFL test scores for employment, study, visas and scholarships
- Ways to manage your time during the test
- Where to find additional resources available for the TOEFL test
- How to register for the TOEFL test
Certificate offered? Available
How to Enrol
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It