Study in Greece: Onassis Fellowships Program 2020/2021 for International Scholars
The Foundation announces the twenty-fifth (25th) annual Fellowships Program for International Scholars starting on October 1st, 2019, addressed to non-Greek nationals, University Professors of all levels, Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2020
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (Non-Greek citizens)
To be taken at (country): Greece
Field of Study: The Program covers courses in the following academic fields:
- Social Sciences
The consideration of an eventual interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach/dimension for the proposed research would be highly appreciated.
Type: Post-doctoral, Fellowship
Eligibility: The Program covers scholarly research in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
1. Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
- Persons of non-Greek descent
- all applicants should have already completed their Ph.D.
- Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for Category D and E fellowship only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a fellowship or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
- Category D and E also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
- The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (Category C – please see below), have conducted their high school studies and have obtained a degree outside Greece and permanently reside outside Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
2. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous fellowship scholarship.
3. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a fellowship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Program for International Scholars.
4. No extension of the duration of the fellowship beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted.
5. It is not possible to postpone or defer the fellowship to a later academic year
Number of Awardees: up to ten 
Value of Scholarship:
1. Coverage of the travel expenses for a round trip air-ticket from and to the country and place where the fellowship recipient permanently resides, for the grantee only, for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece that amount a) up to Three Hundred Euros (€300.-) for a European country or b) up to One Thousand Euros (€1,000.-) for a transatlantic trip or travel to and from countries of Asia and Africa. Fellowship recipients will be solely responsible for the purchase of their tickets
2. A monthly allowance of One Thousand Five Hundred Euros (€ 1,500.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: up to Three  months during the academic year October 2019 – September 2020
How to Apply: Candidates are kindly requested to read carefully the text of the scholarship announcement listing the terms and conditions of the scholarship and the available specializations and study levels before completing and submitting the online application.
The required supporting documents can also be submitted by the candidate in person or via a representative at the mentioned address in the Link below.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…