MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa (formerly M-Net Magic In Motion) Academy Program 2020 for Aspiring Film-makers
MultiChoice Group is committed to developing and honing the skills of young, talented and ambitious African storytellers. That is why it is with pride that we announce that the M-Net Magic in Motion (MIM) programme will now be known as the MultiChoice Talent Factory South Africa (MTF ZA) in line with MultiChoice Africa’s broader MTF programme.
Application Deadline: 29th January 2020 12pm
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award: This new chapter will carry the same passion for film and movie making, the same devotion for excellence and will continue with our promise of enriching lives. The naming convention allows the business to consolidate all initiatives that are critical in developing a sustainable talent pipeline to the video and entertainment industry.
The MiM Academy was established in 2014 and has been instrumental in helping transform the South African film and TV industry by upskilling students and empowering them with substantial knowledge and experience in just 12 months. The MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF), which was launched in 2018 by MultiChoice Africa, does the same by upskilling the next generation of passionate young film creatives.
The MTF ZA programme has three pillars:
- MTF ZA Academy – 1 year internship academy for university graduates from qualifying institutions who meet the academic qualifying criteria.
- MTF ZA Scriptwriting Incubator – 1 year programme for budding scriptwriters. This programme is not limited to university graduates.
- MTF ZA Bursary Programme – Full 1 year tuition for 2nd year or higher university students from qualifying institutions who meet the academic and the financial need qualifying criteria will be considered. Under consideration will also be national Economically Active Populations (EAP) targets
Type: Training, Internship
Eligibility: Applications to be part of MultiChoice Talent Factory ZA (MTFza) Academy class of 2020 are now open and will close on 29 January 2020 MTFza is a 12-month long industry readiness programme that affords the opportunity to learn from some of the leading TV producers in the country while acquiring valuable experience in the directing, producing, cinematography, commissioning, art direction and many other skills.”
- Internships only available to South African citizens
- Must have completed (in 2018/ or completing (in 2019), a 3year Diploma / Degree in Film and TV or related qualification
- Must have achieved a minimum of C + Aggregate
Value of Program:
- The Academy interns will receive hands-on training in producing, directing, cinematography, production commissioning, concept creation, script writing, sound, art direction, editing, post-production and more. The course has been designed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical implementation in order to produce highly employable professionals.
- Upon completion of the 12-month curriculum, Multichoice will choose three exceptional interns to produce their own films and like years past, some of these movies could find their way onto a small screen near you.
How to Apply: Download the application form (below), fill it in, provide all the supporting documents listed below and email directly to: [email protected] by 29 January 2020 12pm. Quote the subject line: MTFza Academy 2020 application
- CV – not more than 2 pages
- Personal motivation letter of not more than 500 words (why should you be chosen?)
- Copy of South African Identity Document – certified
- Copy of matric certificate – certified
- Copy of academic transcripts / Tertiary qualification Certificate – certified
- Confirmation of banking details – verified by bank with bank stamp and/or letter
- Proof of residential address