TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists from Developing Countries 2018 – Thailand
The Fellowship programme is for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Thailand
02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
Eligibility: Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, protein crystallography, organic chemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines.
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
Duration of Programme: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months
How to Apply: Apply Here
Award Providers: Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand, TWAS
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World