Mo Dewji Foundation Scholarships for Tanzanian Undergraduate Students 2017
The Mo Dewji Foundation is offering full scholarships to high school students in Tanzania who are willling to undertake an undergraduate programme at the University of Dar-es-Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th October, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be taken at (country): University of Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Eligible Field of Study: Education
About the Award: The Mo Dewji Foundation provides scholarships to outstanding high school students planning to pursue higher education, which cover four years of undergraduate college. The scholarship program, offered in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam, is intended to create a community of passionate students and provide them with the capacity to achieve their greatest potential.
Eligibility: To be eligible:
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- Recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- Recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- Recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- Recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
High Academic Achievement: Recipient must have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.8 on their A-Levels. This will be judged based on their academic transcript, and by testimony to your scholarly excellence that is provided by a letter of recommendation by a teacher.
Financial Need: Recipient must demonstrate financial need and submit documentation in the form of a written statement explaining need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references that will be vetted by the committee.
Leadership Potential: Recipient must demonstrate leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies. Applicants are required to provide evidence of this in the form of a written recommendation letter, awards received etc. as and where applicable.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarship will be applied to the following expenses only:
- Tuition Fees = TZS 1,000,000 – TZS 1,500,000 depending on the academic program of the scholarship recipient.
- Direct University Fees = ID fees, registration fee, examination fees, medical capitation fees, student union fees, books and stationary allowance. A maximum amount of TZS 80,000 per scholarship recipient.
- Housing and meals allowance = TZS 1,500,000 per annum per scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship award is a non-cash award to recipient’s UDSM account as outlined on the scholarship application. No check or other cash monies will be disbursed at any time. No exceptions.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
How to Apply: Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents:
- MoScholars Program application form
- Official un-conditional acceptance letter to UDSM
- Official secondary/high-school transcript
- Teacher recommendation letter
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential
You may download and complete the application form. Send this form and all other application materials (listed on the application) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Provider: Mo Dewji Foundation will notify all successful scholarship recipients by email of their scholarship. As a courtesy, applicants who are unsuccessful in the scholarship application will also be notified by email.