World Bank/Egerton University Masters and PhD Scholarships 2019/2020 for Students in Developing Countries – Kenya
The CESAAM Centre seeks to offer limited competitive MSc and PhD support to eligible applicants from Africa. Female applicants and students from countries emerging from conflict will be given special consideration.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To Be Taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: The World Bank, through Africa Governments, set up projects to establish Africa Centre’s of Excellence (ACEs) in line with enhancing partnership in skill development and advancement of technology through research and capacity building. The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Agriculture and Agribusiness Management – CESAAM is part of ACE II project which is hosted in Egerton University, Kenya. The broad objective of CESAAM is to contribute to sustainable agriculture and agribusiness management through capacity development, research, innovation and technology transfer
Fields of Study:
- MSc Animal Genetics and Breeding
- MSc Animal Nutrition
- MSc Soil Science
- MSc Horticulture
- MSc Agri-business Management
- MSc Agri-enterprise development
- MSc Food Science
- MSc Agricultural Engineering
- MSc Agricultural Extension
- PhD Animal Science
- PhD Plant breeding
- PhD Crop protection
- PhD Agronomy
- PhD Horticulture
- PhD Plant Biotechnology
- PhD Agri-business Management
- PhD Food Science
- PhD Agricultural and Rural Innovation
Type: Masters, PhD
- Applicants must meet the admission criteria for postgraduate programmes of Egerton University.
- MSc applicants must have obtained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent, in relevant agricultural science or related field.
- PhD applicants must have successfully completed masters or equivalent qualification in relevant agricultural science or related field.
- Applicants from outside Egerton must submit a letter of recommendation from the Head of Dept, Dean or Principal of their institution along with certified copies of their academic transcripts and certificates.
- Female applicants and students from countries emerging from conflict will be given special consideration.
- CESAAM programmes are also open for self-supporting local or international students.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: Each scholarship covers Tuition fees and Research-related costs only and does not provide for stipend and personal upkeep.
Duration of Scholarship: MSc: 2 years; PhD: 3 years.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.