Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Application Timeline: 31st August 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Indonesia
Eligible Field of Study: Courses relevant to a career in implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middleincome countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them.
About the Award: The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship. Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious disease of poverty. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not research those who need them the most.
The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle- income countries.
- Nationals and residences from low- and middle income countries of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the standard University requirements for international postgraduate students
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers the following:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance.
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country.
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost.
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: To apply this programme, you must send your application in 2 (two) step :
1. See information bellow:
- For International applicants please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id/v.2015.2/foreign/idx.php and choose “Master of Public Health” for Master Programme
- For Indonesian applicants, please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id and choose “Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat” (Public Health) for Master Programme
- Please send the online form and all documents with good quality to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applicants must also complete the TDR international postgraduate scholarship application form (attached) and email this form to: email@example.com.
Only completed forms will be further processed.
Award Provider: University of Witwatersrand