Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for Students in Developing Countries 2018/2019 – University of Edinburgh, UK
The University of Edinburgh UK is offering the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for full-time one year Masters study at the University.
Application Deadline: 25th June 2018 23.59 BST.
Eligible Countries: developing countries. See list below.
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh UK
Fields of Study
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences (Life Sciences)
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci (by Research) Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
- The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis on one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- It is hoped that students would wish to return to the Developing World on completion of their studies where their work and furthered medical studies will benefit the area.
List of Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Paraguay, Republic of Moldova, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Selection Criteria: The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
Number of Scholarships: one (1)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will have a value of £21,200. The scholarship will cover tuition fees of up to £21,200 with any surplus paid as a stipend.
Duration of Scholarship: tenable for one academic year
How to Apply: In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Scholarship Provider: University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Important Notes: Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.