Africa Agility Photo Competition 2017 – Win Up to $4,000
Call for submissions are open from African photographers for this year’s Africa Agility Photo Competition.
Application Period: 1st September, 2017 at 12:00 PM GMT.
About the Award: “Much of the world’s perception of Africa is outdated” – Geoffrey White, CEO of Agility Africa
The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanizing, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. We are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality.
Too frequently, the world reports only the bad news from Africa, when there is so much that is impressive about Africa. Today, seven out of 10 of the world’s fastest growing economies are in Africa. This photo competition is intended to highlight a dynamic market with opportunity. It calls for photographers to capture an Africa booming with tech-savvy, youthful consumers, fast-paced urbanization, and enormous long-term economic prospects.
Prizes and Awards:
- The winning photo in each of the three categories will receive a USD 2,000 cash prize.
- The grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000 cash prize (total $4,000).
- The winning photographs will be shown on a CNBC Africa telecast and published in Forbes Africa.
- The Africa 2017 Photo Competition is open to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older.
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
- Photos will be judged on: 1) Compatibility with the theme of a modern, hopeful Africa; 2) Creativity and photographic quality; and 3) Impact and inspiration.
- The contest will involve two round(s) of judging. In the first round, a panel of judges will shortlist 30 photos per category. In the second round, a different panel of judges will select the winning photo per category. No employee of Sponsor will sit on the final judging panel.
- Sponsor may also offer a “viewer’s choice” award in the future, where people can independently choose their favourite photo.
- Only minor digital editing, color correction, and cropping of the photo are allowed.
- The photo must be free of Prohibited Content (as defined in the Conditions of Entry section below).
How to Enter
- All photographs must be submitted in digital format via this website: africa-2017.com.
- Entrants must complete the online entry form and include their name, email address, mailing address, phone number, photo, photo location, and photo caption.
- Entrants must also specify which photo category their entry belongs to.
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to comply with all Competition rules.
About the Sponsor: This photo competition is being organized by Agility, one of the world’s leading providers of integrated logistics, with close to $5 billion in annual revenue and more than 20,000 employees in over 500 offices across 100 countries.