Application Deadline: The Schlumberger Foundation will be accepting applications for the 2016–2017 Faculty for the Future Fellowships from 14 September 2015 to 13 November 2015
Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty of the Future offers PhD & PostDoctoral Fellowship for Women from Developing Countries and emerging economies sponsored
Accepted Subject Areas: Physical sciences and related disciplines
Each year, The Faculty for the Future fellowships, Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation, are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities for their disciplines abroad. Grant recipients are selected for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents, and are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation in 2004, the Faculty for the Future community now stands at 257 women from 62 countries, and grows steadily each year.
Fellowship Offered Since: 2004
Scholarship Type: PhD and PostDoctoral Fellowship for women
A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
Number of fellowship: Several
Faculty for the Future grants are awarded based on the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location, and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study. Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries and Emerging Economies
To be taken at: top universities abroad
How to Apply
The on-line system will be open from September 14th 2015
Visit Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future
Important Notes: Final selection is based in part on the standard of your application and accompanying materials;
Your application should highlight aspects about you and your career that will give the reviewer a focused yet well-rounded view of your candidature. Read and follow the instructions from the link below carefully. The instructions are your guide to producing a comprehensive and competitive application;