Application Timeline: 15th September, 2016 | Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers International Climate Protection Fellowships in Germany for researchers from Developing Countries, Germany 2017
Accepted Subject Areas: International Climate Protection
About Scholarship: The International Climate Protection Fellowships enable prospective leaders to conduct a research-related project of their own choice during a one-year stay in Germany. Submit an application if you are a prospective leader from a non-European threshold or developing country working in the field of climate protection and resource conservation in academia, business or administration in your country.
Type: Fellowship for developing countries
- First academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship
- Extensive professional experience in a leadership role (at least 48 months at the time of application) in the field of climate protection and resource conservation or a further academic or professional qualification;
- Initial practical experience (at least 12 months at the time of application) through involvement in projects related to climate protection and resource conservation (possibly already during studies);
- Leadership potential demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references (see no. 8);
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a confirmation of support; details of the proposed project must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates;
- Two to three expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential.
- Fellowship amount according to qualifications between €2,150 and €2,650 per month
- Two-month intensive language course in Germany
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Allowances for visits by family members lasting at least three months
- Allowance of €800 per month for the host in Germany for projects in the natural and engineering sciences, and €500 per month for projects in the humanities and social sciences
Duration: One year
Eligible Countries: Citizenship of a non-European threshold or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work;
To be taken at (country): Germany
How to Apply
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Important Notes: Potential applicants who have spent more than six months in Germany or more than 12 months in a country that is not on the list of countries at the time of or shortly before application should contact the Humboldt Foundation ([email protected]) before submitting an application as they may be ineligible on formal grounds.