2014/2015 Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for up to 200 students from Developing Countries (see list below) to study for Undergraduate and Master’s degree programme. Scholarship application period: 3-11 February 2014.
Accepted Subject Areas?
The scholarship focus mainly on master’s level. A few scholarships will be awarded for studies at bachelor’s level. About 600 different study programs at Swedish universities are eligible for a scholarship.
The online application form for the academic year 2014/2015 will be open between February 3-11, 2013.
Scholarship Offered Since: Longer than 2007
Who is eligible?
The scholarships are intended for students from the below-mentioned target groups for full time studies in Sweden. There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
Scholarships cannot be granted for students who:
- Has already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- Has Swedish or EU/EEA-citizenship, a permanent residence permit or a work permit in Sweden. (Not applicable for students from Syria.)
- Has previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college.
- Already holds a degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Is currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college.
Number of Scholarships: For 2014-2015, approximately 450 scholarships will be granted within Category 1, and approximately 100 scholarships will be granted within Category 2.
Duration of Scholarships
The scholarships are usually granted for one academic year, i.e. for two semesters at a time, but will be extended for programs longer than two semesters provided that study results are satisfactory.
Which African Countries is Eligible?
The program is only available to citizens of the following African countries: Algeria, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Morocco, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Other Developing Countries?
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Cambodia, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
To be taken in (country): Sweden
Application Deadline: The application period for Swedish Institute Study scholarship will be 3to 11 February 2014.
Scholarship offered annually? Yes
How to apply
Click Here to learn how to apply
Sponsors: The Swedish Institute