Scholarship Name: The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Google offers The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for women in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to study in the field ofcomputing and technology for Bachelors, Masters or PhD degrees 2015/2016
Accepted Subject Areas?
Courses relating to Computing and Technology
Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionising the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields. Her combination of technical expertise and fearless vision continues to inspire and motivate countless women to become active participants and leaders in creating technology.
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision, the internet company is pleased to announce The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Through the scholarship, Google aim to encourage women to excel in computing and technology, and become active role models and leaders.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Computer and technology scholarship for women
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Multiple scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance, leadership experience and demonstrated passion for computer science.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Be a female student enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2015/2016.
- Be enrolled at a University in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. a First Class Honours degree).
How Many Funding Positions are available?
A group of female Bachelors, Masters, and PhD student finalists will be chosen from the applicant pool.
What are the benefits?
The scholarship recipients will each receive a €7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship.
Women from Europe, the Middle East and Africa
To be taken at Institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Application Deadline: The application for the Anita Borg Scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year opens on October 15th, 2014 and close on February 2nd, 2015.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Complete the online application and submit all requested documents by 2nd February 2015. All application documents must be in English. Scholars and Finalists will be notified in April 2015.
You will be required to submit the following:
- Recommendation letters
- Two strong referral letters from individuals who are qualified to evaluate your academic and leadership accomplishments, e.g. from a professor, adviser or supervisor.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage