AUC provides five full tuition and partial annual scholarships to thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Beni Suef, Minya, Sohag and Fayyoum.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): Egypt
About the Award: Building upon the success of the Public School Scholarship Fund and Leadership for Education and Development scholarships, the Empower scholarship aims to provide the best public and private national school students with an opportunity to pursue their academic career at AUC.
Selected students benefit from AUC’s liberal arts education, diverse majors and extensive student-life services, and will also have the benefit of enrollment in the John D. Gerhart Center for Philanthropy, Civic Engagement and Responsible Business’s youth leadership and civic engagement programs.
- Public or private national high school graduate with demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 percent in the non-science division
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
Number of Awardees: 5
Value of Scholarship: full tuition and partial annual scholarships
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply:
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thanawiya amma certificate upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing.
Award Provider: American University of Cairo