The Civil Society Facility South (CSFS) is seeking applications for its Dialogue Fellows Program, which seeks to promote youth role in policymaking and dialogue.
Application Deadline: 12th March 2017
Eligible Countries: Participants will come from Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine , Tunisia and Syria
To be taken at (country): Activities to be held mostly in the European Neighbourhood South and Brussels.
About the Award: Young people have played a significant role in demanding basic rights for building their future towards sustainable processes. The Fellowship programme invests in the mobilisation of youth as drivers of change and democracy: it aims at involving Youth into policy making and dialogue in the Southern Mediterranean region. It will support existing youth networks and Youth fellows, to share experience, monitor progress and provide mutual support.
The program features online coaching and three workshops in the region between April and October. The specific focus is on peace, partnerships and preventing violent extremism.
Fields of Dialogue: For this 2017 programme, there will be a specific focus on: peace and partnerships (advocating for CS space; employment and social business), and preventing violent extremism.
Type: Events and Conferences, short courses
Eligibility: Eligible CSOs from eligible countries can nominate ONE participant based on these requirements:
- applicant /participant per organization (CSO);
- Proposed applicant should be within the age limits of 24-36 years old;
- Proposed applicant has at least 3 years-experience being involved in sectorial projects, specifically in actions of advocacy and policy dialogue;
- Good Command/ Proficiency in English or/and French language proficiency in addition to Arabic will be required.
Selection: Applicants must be a staff of a Civil Society Organisation (or platform/network) from the Neighbourhood South Region and comply with the definition (in the link below)
Number of Awardees: 30
Value of Program: Costs related to participation will be covered (flights and visas, accommodation, meals)
Duration of Program: 3 workshops will take place in the region between April and October 2017.
How to Apply:
- Application forms fully filled out- with recommendations from the applicant’s CSO supporting the candidacy;
- Motivation letter by the applicant in Arabic; translated in either English or French, and co-signed by the CSO;
- Curriculum vita of the applicant;
- Copy of passport or ID (with birth date).
Applications to be submitted to [email protected] by 12 March 2017 in Arabic, English or French (for the ones in Arabic, a summary of the cover letter and profile should be translated in French or English).Trainings’ fees will be fully covered by the EU.
Award Provider: This programme will be managed by the Civil Society Facility South (CSFS), based in Tunis on behalf of the European Union (DG NEAR), in close collaboration with partner CSOs from the region and EU Delegations.
Important Notes: Selected applicants will receive a confirmation of selection by email. They will have to confirm their presence to all activities. Invitations for obtaining visas will be sent.
Workshops will be held mostly in Arabic with translation and interpretation in English and French: a good command of English or French is required