INSEAD has launched the INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund scholarship to support its goal of admitting talented candidates from the African region. For those who are set back by financial difficulties, this scholarship will help them realise their dream of achieving an MBA at one of the top business schools in the world.
- July 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23rd October 2017
Deadline: 6th November 2017
Applications Open: 15th January 2018
Deadline: 29th January 2018
- December 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23rd April 2018
Deadline: 7th May 2018
Applications Open: 11th June 2018
Deadline: 25th June 2018
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
To be taken at (University): Any of the INSEAD Business school campuses
About the Award: The INSEAD scholarship portfolio helps the school to cultivate a diverse classroom setting with a good mix of nationalities, academic and professional backgrounds, and gender. Interested candidates for this scholarship have to answer the following essay questions.
1). In approximately 300 words for all the questions that follow: (a) introduce yourself and include an account of your early years i.e. where you grew up and the primary and secondary schools you attended. How did you finance your secondary education? (b) briefly describe how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country/region after graduation and (c) Give the main reason why an INSEAD MBA is relevant to your future career development.
2). In approximately 300 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as your budget for the year at INSEAD. How do you expect to finance your studies if you do not obtain a scholarship from INSEAD? Why INSEAD should consider you for a Diversity scholarship? What amount do you consider appropriate? Please do not forget to submit a number of supporting documents as required.
3). Only if you would like to be considered for the IAF Special Profile scholarships, please answer the following question in no more than 300 words: Briefly describe an instance or aspect in your life to date that has made you stand out amongst your peers or that you consider exceptional in one way or another.
Offered Since: 2016
- INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship will be awarded in each Class to candidates who demonstrate outstanding professional and personal achievements, with a commitment to contribute to the breadth of diversity on the programme.
- They should possess outstanding academic achievements, leadership experience and growth potential.
- To be eligible for the INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship, candidates must also be a national of an African country and have spent a substantial part of their lives, and received part of their prior education in Africa.
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the region and the scholarship will be awarded to those who require financial assistance.
- Only candidates who are admitted to the MBA programme or are in the interview process may apply.
Number of Awardees: One INSEAD Africa Leadership Fund Scholarship will be awarded in each Class to candidates who demonstrate outstanding professional and personal achievements.
Value of Scholarship: 50 000 EUR
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Apply and submit essays on line. Only one application is needed to be considered for all the scholarships mentioned above. Successful candidates will receive only one of these awards.
In addition, please forward supporting documents (no originals or legal certification required), irrespective of campus choice, to the MBA Financing Office.
List of documents required:
1. Proof of salary (latest salary slip or a letter from your employer);
2. Bank statements for the last three months that will reflect your checking and savings accounts. On-line overview is accepted.
3.) If you have extenuating/exceptional circumstances in the past year (supporting dependents’ education, medical care, bankruptcy, etc.), provide relevant documentation.
Copies can be sent by e-mail:
fax: +65 67995499 or
1 Ayer Rajah Avenue
Your own translation into English is accepted.
Apply here (right-hand corner)
Award Provider: INSEAD Business school