University College Lillebælt is awarding Nursing scholarships (tuition waiver and stipends) to international students wishing to undertake Nursing short courses at the University for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2016.
The deadline for applying has now ended but you may apply again in February 2017 where you may apply for scholarships for studies in the autumn 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International. Students who are from EU/EAA countries, Switzerland or Turkey are NOT eligible
To be taken at (country): Denmark
Eligible Field of Study: Candidates can only apply for the scholarship to study at the Department of Nursing. At the Department of Nursing, you combine the English module: Nursing, Ethics and Research-Based Knowledge (15 ECTS) with a clinical placement (15 ECTS) at a Danish health-care facility for a total duration of 4 months. Clinical placement at a department appropriate for your studies will provide you with insights to the Danish health-care system.
About the Award: Are you looking to enrich your studies with a semester abroad in Denmark? It is now possible for highly qualified students, who are not from EU/EAA countries or Switzerland, to apply for a scholarship. These Nursing scholarships will cover tuition and contribute to living expenses while studying at UCL.
Type: Short course
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the Nursing scholarships, candidate must be:
- applying to participate in one of the above-mentioned courses
- a citizen of a country outside the EU, the European Economic Area or Switzerland
- enrolled in a full degree higher education programme in your home country related to either nursing, social education or teacher education.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers the tuition fee for one semester (4 months), and additionally candidate will receive approximately 6000 DKK each month to contribute to your living expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of programme which is one semester (4 months)
How to Apply: To ensure that only highly qualified students are granted the scholarship, UCL requires you to prepare and submit all of the following:
- Application form
- Motivational letter (max. 1 page)
- Official transcripts (including explanation of grading scale)
- Documentation of English proficiency
English Proficiency: Please provide:
- High school transcripts documenting level of English, grade achieved, and if possible number of hours taken.
- Documentation of any English language proficiency tests you may have taken (TOELF, IELTS, CAE etc.)
- Any further documentation of your English proficiency such as courses, longer stays in English speaking countries etc.
Once UCL has evaluated your documentation of English proficiency, you may be called for a phone interview to ensure that your level is sufficient to study at University College Lillebælt.
Exemption: You are exempt from documenting your English skills if you are currently pursuing a degree in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
Apply for the scholarship at the same time you apply for studies via the on-line MoveON application. Any applications recieved after the deadline above will be declined.
Award Provider: University College Lillebælt.
- If any of the above enclosures (files) are missing, your application will NOT be taken into consideration for the scholarship. Nor if you apply after 1 November 2016.
- All enclosures (files) must be pdf files in order to be considered for the scholarship.