It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies by offering up to 5 In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for Master studies at Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal…
DAAD scholarship is a fully sponsored scholarship for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German universities. DAAD Is the largest funding organization in the world supporting the international exchange of students and scholars.
Information for DAAD Scholarship Applicants
- There is usually no fixed age limit. There are individual exceptions in programmes in which this is explicitly requested by an international partner.
- DAAD offers scholarship programmes are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects (e.g. medicine). There are also subject-specific programmes.
- Two years of professional work experience is the basic requirement to apply for the DAAD scholarship program. The duration of the course studied under DAAD scholarship coverage must have to be more than 12 months and less than 36 months
- The language of teaching depends on the department Check department for more inquiries.
- When applying for the scholarship, you would be asked for a letter of motivation. In a letter of motivation, you are required to describe your professional and personal reasons for wishing to study in Germany on no more than three pages.
- A letter of motivation is required when you apply for a study scholarship or a grant for a language or specialist course. This letter gives you the opportunity to describe your personality and the reasons why you are applying for DAAD funding.
- The application for research grants requires a proposal; A proposal is a detailed and precise description of the project you have agreed to complete with your academic supervisor.
- The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD.
- Scholarship holders wishing to work part-time during their scholarship period, i.e. pursue gainful employment, always require the approval of DAAD.
- Since the scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship, applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree (four or three years) in a related field. Applicants must have completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor). The degree should not be more than six-year-old.
- DAAD scholarship is given to the students who have at least two years of proven work experience
- English or German Language requirement depends on the choice of your degree course
- Good grades in school and university are important, but you can also gain a scholarship without having perfect grades. Many organizations additionally want their applicants to be civically engaged
- Scholars taking a Master’s programme typically receive € 850, doctoral candidates and postdocs € 1,200.
- DAAD grants an allowance towards travel expenses.
- DAAD offers an allowance for accompanying spouses, child allowance and insurance benefits for spouses and children. For scholarship holders with a funding period of over six months.
- Scholarship holders and accompanying family members must be covered by health insurance from the first day of their stay in Germany. In many programmes, insurance coverage is part of the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers rent, meals in the cafeteria and book.
Institutions in Germany
Hertie School of Government Berlin, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin School of Mind and Brain Natural Science Humboldt University, Berlin International Graduate School of Natural Sciences and Engineering Berlin Mathematical School, Social Sciences University of Frankfurt, Natural Sciences Universitats.
- In-country/ In-region; Asian Indonesia SEAMEOREFON Regional Centre for Food and Nutrition Community Nutrition, Asian India IIT Bombay Indian Institute of Technology Renewable Energies.
Available Categories for DAAD Scholarships/Offering Institutions
- DAAD Masters Scholarship
This scholarship programme offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study. This scholarship is for applicants who have completed the first degree.
- DAAD Scholarships for International Students
The German Academic exchange known as DAAD provides scholarships for both Germans and international students to get education for free at German Universities. Scholarships are offered for Postgraduate, Masters and Undergraduate level. This is a fully-funded scholarship which also covers Textbooks and no exam fee. Eligibility includes the candidate either working for a public company/Authority or any private entity. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- DAAD Scholarship for Cameroon Students
The DAAD has been granting scholarships to Cameroons for more than 50 years. The DAAD scholarships are principally granted to doctorate student, postgraduate, researchers and University lectures.
- DAAD Scholarships for Ethiopian Students
DAAD is offering scholarships to pursue MSC studies in electrical engineering including Electronic, communication, control, Power and Instrumentation Engineering, or related fields. Applicants must be citizens of Sub-Saharan countries and must have a bachelor degree with qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 3.00/4.00 for females.
- DAAD Scholarships in Germany
The DAAD scholarships in Germany are available for Masters and Ph.D. course in the best Universities of Germany. This scholarship is a 12-36 months postgraduate scholarship. This is a fully-funded scholarship that covers all the costs of the programme. Eligibility criteria include those with Bachelor degree, working experience, proof of English test, etc.
- DAAD-Rwandan PhD Scholarship for Rwandan Students
The general aim of the programme is to train young academics and scientists through the funding of PhD degree studies in Germany. Applicants are the qualified staff of higher learning institutions. This is a 45 months programme which has good financial value including health and personal liability insurance.
The following DAAD Scholarships are open for International students from African and Developing Countries to study in Germany – Masters and PhD
DAAD CERM-ESA are offering up to 8 DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for PhD and Master studies at CERM-ESA for the intake 2022. Application Deadline: 15th December 2021. About the Award: Applications are invited from…
As part of the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD and Master studies. Application Deadline: 17th February 2022 Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African Countries To be Taken at…
DAAD research grants provide young foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career.…
You are invited for DAAD Tropical Forestry 2022 MSc Course. The course is taught in English at Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), one of the 11 German Universities of Excellence. Application Deadline: 30th October 2021 About the…