Commonwealth Secretariat Young Professionals Program (YPP) Job Opportunity 2019 for Young Graduates
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through their Young Professionals Programme (YPP).
Application Deadline: 25th July 2019 5:00 pm BST
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Pall Mall, London, UK
About the Award: The Assistant Programmes Officer – Software Development will be responsible for writing Software Code and APIs; undertaking data analytics; producing visualisations; and general data management duties that are needed to support ongoing projects and activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- coding and testing applications for in-house software programs;
- conducting end-user training upon completion of software;
- implementing systems in in-house production environment; developing API platforms and micro-services;
- conducting training for end users on applications;
- contributing to identifying processes for automation; and providing occasional out-of-hours support.
- To be considered for this role you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 or younger at the time applications close, and possess a strong bachelor degree or equivalent in IT/Computing. Degrees in related fields such as Mathematics or Engineering may be considered. Also,
- You should also have at least one year’s experience in the development and deployment of web and mobile applications. The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement, apprenticeship or internship positions.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: £28,500 p.a gross
Duration of Program: 2 years
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa
10 Important Things to Do As You Stay at Home
Top 10 Emerging Jobs in the World Today