Commonwealth Secretariat Young Professionals Program (YPP) Job Opportunity 2019 for Young Graduates
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through their Young Professionals Programme (YPP).
Application Deadline: 25th July 2019 5:00 pm BST
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Pall Mall, London, UK
About the Award: The Assistant Programmes Officer – Software Development will be responsible for writing Software Code and APIs; undertaking data analytics; producing visualisations; and general data management duties that are needed to support ongoing projects and activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- coding and testing applications for in-house software programs;
- conducting end-user training upon completion of software;
- implementing systems in in-house production environment; developing API platforms and micro-services;
- conducting training for end users on applications;
- contributing to identifying processes for automation; and providing occasional out-of-hours support.
- To be considered for this role you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 or younger at the time applications close, and possess a strong bachelor degree or equivalent in IT/Computing. Degrees in related fields such as Mathematics or Engineering may be considered. Also,
- You should also have at least one year’s experience in the development and deployment of web and mobile applications. The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement, apprenticeship or internship positions.
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: £28,500 p.a gross
Duration of Program: 2 years