The HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) has opened applications for its 2024 conference scholarships to candidates from developing countries and/or countries most affected by the HIV epidemic.
Application Deadline: 10th April 2024 23:59 CEST..
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Lima, Peru
About the Award: HIVR4P is dedicated to ensuring the participation of researchers, community activists, and civil society representatives, especially those from resource-limited settings and communities. The conference offers full scholarships as well as registration-only scholarships. Scholarships are highly competitive and will be awarded based on the availability of funds.
If you are at least 18 years old on 6 October 2024 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV prevention, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship for HIVR4P 2024, the 5th HIV Research for Prevention Conference. HIVR4P 2024 will take place in Lima, Peru, and virtually from 6 to 10 October 2024.
Eligibility: The following candidates will be given priority:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected for the conference
- Applicants from low-income and middle-income countries
- Applicants who are part of key populations or people living with HIV
- Young people and early-career researchers below the age of 35
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an HIV Research for Prevention Conference
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Value of Award: AS – the International AIDS Society – will award in-person scholarships for HIVR4P 2024. Please indicate in your application the types of financial support you require to participate. Note that given the high demand, we may not be able to grant full scholarships to all selected candidates.
- Registration for in-person plus virtual attendance (access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform)
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport in your country of residence) for the dates of the conference
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel) for the duration of the conference
All scholarship recipients will also receive paid IAS membership for two years after the conference
How to Apply: If you are at least 18 years old on 6 October 2024 and working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV prevention, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship for HIVR4P 2024, the 5th HIV Research for Prevention Conference. HIVR4P 2024 will take place in Lima, Peru, and virtually from 6 to 10 October 2024.