The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation.
Application Deadline: 3rd March 2024.
Eligible Countries: Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa
To be taken at (country): Bonn, Germany
About the Award: The Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy is a dialogue and advanced training course that brings together young professionals from rising powers and Europe. Its overarching purpose is to support the development of future change-makers who address global challenges and are dedicated to transformative change.
Type: Training, Internship
Eligibility: Prospective participants should
- work in a governmental organisation, policy-oriented think tank, research institution, civil society or private sector oranisation in an MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
- work on issues relevant to global governance such as international trade, international economics and finance, environmental challenges, international security or development cooperation,
- speak English fluently,
- have at least three years of working experience,
- be open to a broad variety of working methods,
- be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies,
- be sensitive to other cultures.
Candidates for the MGG Academy have to be nominated by their organisation and can then participate in a selection process.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The participants in the MGG Academy are granted a scholarship from the German Federal Government. The scholarship covers the current costs of living, all MGGrelatedcosts and travel expenses in Germany and Europe, as well as health, personal liability, and accident insurance during the training in Germany.
- The German government’s financial provision for the scholarship ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, the scholarship is insufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives, neither for a visit to Germany nor at home.
- The partner institution is requested to cover the travel expenses for a round trip to and from Germany and to grant the participant a special leave of absence for the training.
Duration of Programme: The MGG Academy is for 3-4 months
How to Apply:
- Please find more information about the set-up and content of the MGG Academy 2024 here.
- Applications for the MGG Academy 2024 are possible until 3March 2024.
- To apply for the MGG Academy 2024, kindly fill in and sign this application form. You will need to upload it again when you submit your application.
Please submit the application form, your CV and certificates here.