The Wings to Fly scholarship program, an initiative of the Equity Group and Mastercard Foundation (MCF), was established to support secondary education for top performing children from financially challenged backgrounds. With support from other partners, the program offers access to leadership training to previously marginalized children in all counties.
Application Deadline: 11th December 2023
About the Award: The program offers comprehensive support for the scholars through provision of tuition fees, accommodation, books, uniform, shopping, pocket money and transport to and from school during their 4 years of secondary education.
Selection: The Equity scholarship program was formed to aid high performing children hailing from less fortunate backgrounds. The program beneficiaries are selected from across Kenya’s 47 counties, based on their performance in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination. Awareness of the program is conveyed through public forums i.e. administrative chief’s forums, places of worship, through radio announcements and social media channels. Application is made at all Equity Bank branches, Equity Agents and on the Equity Group Foundation’s Website. Beneficiaries of the scholarship are selected by the Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB), which is made up of key leaders in the community and is chaired by the County or sub-County Director of Education.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award: The program offers comprehensive support for the scholars through provision of tuition fees, accommodation, books, uniform, shopping, pocket money and transport to and from school during their 4 years of secondary education. It has so far supported 26,304 bright but economically challenged scholars.
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply: Applicant should create a new account through the portal https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_w2f and fill in the 2024 application form for consideration.
- Only 2023 KCPE candidates are viable to make an application for this scholarship.
- The information provided in this form is intended to help Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
- All fields with asterisk (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
- This application form must be filled accurately, honestly and completely. Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
- Please review the following documents and if required have soft/scanned copies for ease of completing the online application form:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school). For early bird applications, you will be allowed to complete the application form without KCPE marks and Result Slip until submission.
- Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother deceased).
- Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past).
- Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs).
- Copy of Pay Slip/ Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/business).
- Signed declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Adm., Religious Leader and any other.
- The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for sponsorship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Download Scholarship Application Form DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM (290 KB)
- Download Scholarship Flyer DOWNLOAD FLYER (5,980 KB)
- Download Declaration Form DOWNLOAD DECLARATION FORM (344 KB)
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.