AAHPM Scholarships for Doctors & Palliative Care Physicians from Developing Countries 2024: This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to scholarship recipients to cover ordinary costs associated with attending the Annual Assembly registration* and travel-related expenses, including airfare, taxi fare, meals, and lodging
Application Deadline: 14th December 2023 by 11:59am CST (US Central Standard Time).
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Low and middle income countries (as defined by World Bank)
To be Taken At (Country): Orlando, FL, USA.
About the Award: This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to physicians to help them access the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field. This scholarship program is intended to facilitate Annual Assembly participation and cover ordinary costs associated with meeting registration, travel-related expenses (airfare, cab fare, meals), and lodging.
Eligibility: Scholarships are available to physicians who work in hospice and palliative medicine and who care for seriously ill patients. Eligible physicians must permanently reside in low and middle income countries as defined by World Bank. It is our hope that the scholarship recipients will share the knowledge attained from the Annual Assembly to improve the palliative care offerings in their home country. Preference will be given to applicants who are
- members of the AAHPM – physicians who reside in a low or middle income country as defined by the World Bank & the HINARI list of eligible countries are eligible for a complimentary international membership.
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care, including a resident or fellow, focused on studying palliative care, and
- whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: This scholarship program will provide financial support (up to $5,000) to physicians to cover ordinary costs associated with meeting registration, travel-related expenses (air fare, cab fare, meals), and lodging.
Scholarship recipients will be asked to participate in a presentation during the Annual Assembly to share the practice of hospice and palliative medicine in their country. In addition, recipients will also be required to submit a written report describing how their attendance at the Annual Assembly benefited their organization.
How to Apply: The call for applications for the 2024 International Physician Scholarships opens November 14.
- Complete the Application – All applications must be submitted through the Academy’s online application portal.
- Letter of Recommendation – This can be uploaded as a PDF through the online application form.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) – No more than two pages.
Deadline to submit application is Thursday, December 14 at 11:59pm CT.
If you have any questions, please email Charli Holstein at [email protected]